Monday, May 27, 2019

Fixing a Hole

After the doctor's appointment, I headed back to my car. Rounding the corner to the area where I had parked, slightly preoccupied, I was forced to swerve suddenly to avoid two women standing right in my way, cigarettes in their hands. I didn't have time to notice the trash can with a nasty bit of sharp metal sticking out. The good news; it didn't connect with any part of my body. The bad news; it caught a bit of the bottom of my blouse and there it was - a 1 cm (3/8 inch for my US readers) wide hole, ruining my blouse! Grrrr... I liked that top, and now it was garbage.

At home, K reminded me of the suggestion Tom sent in an earlier post to my other blog. His wife Lucy mended his shirt in a decorative way. The problem became an opportunity!

Here is a snap of the repaired blouse:

Serendipity!

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gardening in rags, favourite comfortable old clothes falling apart. Any chance that your needlepoint trained fingers could drop by and help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh most definitely ... I'll have your togs looking spiffy in no time. Never as beautiful as that garden though!
      However, would they be as comfortable I wonder.

      Delete